INSPIRE 2019 Important Information
Queenstown is a short flight from most Australian cities however it is an international trip therefore you will need to arrive at your departure point 2 hours prior. Please ensure you take your passport which has a minimum 6 months validity. Visas are not required.
Transfers have been arranged for Dealers arriving Wednesday 10 July and departing Saturday 13 July who have pre-registered. A Focus team member will meet you outside the arrival gate. We have the mobile numbers provided on the transfer registration document if we need to contact you. Otherwise please contact Steven on +61 411 623 619.
If you are arriving outside of these dates and would like to book transfers please contact The Heritage Hotel on +64 3450 1500 for assistance,
A variety of hire car companies are located within the terminal. Taxis are located outside of the terminal.
The Heritage Hotel is a 15 minute drive from Queenstown Airport located at 91 Fernhill Road, Queenstown.
The expected temperatures range from 8 degrees celsius during the day to -2 at night. July is the coolest month of the year in Queenstown (hence the epic snow and ski opportunities) and rainfall is minimal. Most of our conference and activities are indoors so layering is essential - woolen undergarments, beanies, gloves, waterproof boots and a waterproof coat are highly recommended.
New Zealand has its own currency so it is recommended you exchange money at the airport or utilise an ATM once in Queenstown. Alternatively major credit cards are accepted.
New Zealand is 2 hours ahead of AEST.
WiFi will be available during the conference as well as in room at The Heritage.
Most Australian electronics will work in hotel power sockets.
- Arrivals and day at leisure (note SPASA Leadership event has been cancelled)
- Focus early registration from 3:00pm
- Focus welcome drinks in Heritage bar from 5:00pm. Dinner at leisure to follow.
- Conference registration with tea and coffee from 8:30am
- Conference commences 9:00am, lunch is 12:30 - 1:15pm, finishes at 4:30pm
- Transfers leave at 6:30pm sharp for networking dinner, departing at 10:00pm
- Location will be revealed on arrival
- Dress is smart casual, warm
- Arrival tea and coffee from 8:30am
- Conference commences at 9:00am, finishes with lunch from 12:30 - 1:15pm
- Afternoon at leisure
- Transfers leave at 5:00pm sharp for Awards dinner, departing at 10:30pm
- Experience will be revealed on arrival
- Theme is country / farm (flannelette, akubra, boots) - this does have an outdoor component so warm dress is essential
Queenstown is a winter wonderland and offers unrivalled experiences to take advantage of before, after and during INSPIRE. Surrounded by majestic mountains and set on the crystal clear shores of Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown’s beauty and energy will leave you feeling moved. If skiing isn’t your thing, a trip to the Skyline is a must. There is an abundance of incredible wineries less than 20 minutes from Queenstown CBD. There are also opportunities to venture off road, explore historic homesteads and gold mining villages to take in rich heritage of the region. And to top it off, why not visit an award winning spa for some rejuvenation.
For more information we recommend visiting https://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/